Corporate social responsibility at HEFCE
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) for HEFCE means that we take account of the impacts of our activities on the environment, society and the economy.
Our CSR policy sets out our overall aims, key activities and targets in the areas of:
- business ethics
- managing our environmental impacts
- our people
- activity in the community
- working with the sector.
Our CSR activities include:
- certification to ISO14001, an international environmental management system standard
- achievement of the Carbon Trust Standard
- publication of an annual CSR report (available to download below)
- regular benchmarking. We have used Universities that Count to benchmark our performance. In 2009-10 we achieved the Gold standard with a score of 90.8 per cent, an improvement on our score of 84.7 per cent and Silver standard in the previous year. In 2010-11 our results compared well with a higher education sector average of 75.3 per cent and a corporate average of 86.1 per cent
- a volunteering policy that enables our staff to flex their hours to undertake volunteer work
- an annual CSR event for staff
- we have adopted a sustainable procurement policy
- our People Strategy, which articulates our overarching principles in relation to people management
- our strategy for sustainable development in the HE sector.
Reports from earlier years are available on the national web archive.
For further information about corporate social responsibility at HEFCE, contact Gordon Franks, tel 0117 931 7046, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated 23 December 2014