You need cookies enabled

HEFCE closed at the end of March 2018. The information on this website is historical and is no longer maintained.

Many of HEFCE's functions will be continued by the Office for Students, the new regulator of higher education in England, and Research England, the new council within UK Research and Innovation.

The HEFCE domain - - will continue to function until September 2018. At this point we will close the site entirely and all its information will only be available from the National Web Archive.


You need cookies enabled

How to make an FOI or EIR request

The Freedom of Information Act (FOI Act) 2000 allows everyone the right to request access to all types of information held by public bodies, such as HEFCE.

The Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR) gives people the right to access environmental information from public authorities, such as information about air/atmosphere, water, soil, land and landscapes. 

Where to send your request

You can make an FOI or EIR request by email to

You can submit your request by post.

You can also submit an EIR request verbally.

See all contact details

Further information

Further information on how to access information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website


Page last updated 27 February 2015

Related content