You need cookies enabled

HEFCE closed at the end of March 2018. The information on this website is historical and is no longer maintained.

Many of HEFCE's functions will be continued by the Office for Students, the new regulator of higher education in England, and Research England, the new council within UK Research and Innovation.

The HEFCE domain - - will continue to function until September 2018. At this point we will close the site entirely and all its information will only be available from the National Web Archive.


You need cookies enabled
1. Which countries are classed as EU and EEA?
2. Where can I find the Fees and Awards Regulations?
3. Is there a list of overseas territories?
4. How are standard and non-standard years of instance returned on HESES, Tables 1-3?
5. Is there further guidance on what constitutes a closed course?
6. How do I determine the academic level of professional qualifications when assessing a student’s ELQ status?
7. Which courses can be considered to be NHS-bursaried?
Useful links
2017-18 guidance
2016-17 guidance