- Click the 'Register now' button on the 'HEFCE: Login' page. In order to register, you will require a 'group key', as referred to above.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, entering your email address and a secure password.
The password should be at least 8 characters in length, and contain a combination of upper case letters, lower case letters and numbers.
Once registered, you can log in by entering the email address used during registration, and the password that you created.
To access the latest data, existing users will need to log in and join the appropriate group.
- Log in and under 'My account', click 'Join group' and enter the group key
You are also able to change your password under the 'My account' link.
Accessing the output files
- Once logged in, click on the link for the required survey or download only file group.
- Click the 'Results' button to access the outputs for a survey.
- Click the 'Download' button to access download only file groups outputs.
If you forget your password, select 'forgotten password' on the login page. Enter your email address in the space provided and click 'request password'. A new password will be sent to you. You will be required to change this password before being able to access the HEFCE extranet.
Each user has three attempts to log in before the account is locked. If your account becomes locked, or you have other problems logging onto the extranet, e-mail email@example.com for help.