- Executive summary
- List of abbreviations
- Annex A Justifications for use of the negotiated procedure
- Annex B Part A (priority) service categories
- Annex C Guidance on completing the survey form
- Annex D Survey form for completion and return
1. This document requires all HEFCE-funded higher education institutions to report the contracts they have awarded in the calendar year 2007, in accordance with the European Community's Directives on Public Procurement.
2. The EU Procurement Directives have been implemented into national law in the UK by Regulations. Revised Regulations came into force on 31 January 2006 to implement new Procurement Directives.
3. The information required is set out in the survey form at Annex D. We collect this information on behalf of the Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF).
4. As in previous years, institutions are required to submit returns electronically, and to use Common Procurement Vocabulary (CPV) codes.
5. Returns for 2007 should follow the same format as for 2006. The provision relating to the statistics exercise can be found in regulation 40 of the Public Contracts Regulations.
6. Information is required for each contract or framework agreement awarded during calendar year 2007 where the estimated value is above the threshold of the Regulations (or is otherwise caught by the aggregation rules) and it does not fall within the scope of one of the specified exemptions contained within the Regulations. This is a legal requirement, nor a matter of discretion.
7. The Public Contracts Regulations require that annual statistical returns must be sent to OGC by 31 July 2008. The Commission is now pressing member states to meet their obligations to provide annual statistical returns to them on time, otherwise action may be taken. OGC requires all returns by 31 July in order to meet the Commission's deadline.
8. Completed survey forms should be returned by e-mail to Ruth Carpenter at HEFCE (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday 18 July 2008. Returns must be made on the Excel spreadsheet. Where a nil return applies, institutions should still complete and return the form.