- Executive summary
- The HEIFES09 survey
- College contacts
- Data collection and verification
- Outline timetable and process for the 2010-11 funding round
- Annex A: HEIFES09: Getting started
- Annex B: Summary of changes and clarifications since HEIFES08
- Annex C: The HEIFES09 student population
- Annex D: Recognised HE courses
- Annex E: Counting student activity
- Annex F: Full-time equivalence for part-time students
- Annex G: Residential and funding status
- Annex H: Price groups
- Annex I: Mode of study
- Annex J: Level of study
- Annex K: Long years of programme of study
- Annex L: Table descriptions
- Annex M: Descriptions of columns in tables
- Annex N: Sample tables
- Annex O: List of abbreviations
- Annex P: Index
- Appendix 1: Links between ILR and HEIFES data
- Appendix 2: Validation of HEIFES data
- Appendix 3: Guidance on grant adjustment tables and related worksheets
- Appendix 4: Verification of HEIFES data
1. This document asks further education colleges (FECs) to complete the annual survey of students on recognised higher education (HE) courses.
2. The data will:
- Give an early indication, including for government planning purposes, of the number of students on recognised HE courses at FECs in the academic year 2009-10.
- Enable us to monitor the achievement of funding agreement targets for the academic year 2009-10.
- Together with the individualised learner record (ILR) supplied to the Further Education (FE) Data Service, inform our allocation of teaching funds for the academic year 2010-11.
3. This document provides:
- Guidance notes for completing the Higher Education in Further Education: Students Survey 2009-10 (HEIFES09).
- Definitions used in the HEIFES09 survey.
- Examples of the survey tables, which will be available to download from the HEFCE extranet by November 2009.
- A summary of changes since HEIFES08 (Annex B).
4. Returns should be uploaded to the HEFCE extranet by noon on Wednesday 18 November 2009. Workbooks will be available to colleges by November 2009.