1. This document gives our final allocations of recurrent funding to institutions for the academic year 2009-10.
2. We have updated a number of the allocations given in 'Recurrent grants for 2009-10' (HEFCE 2009/08). The main reasons for the changes are:
- Implementation of an efficiency saving on recurrent teaching grant.
- Revisions to funding for additional student numbers.
- Mergers and transfers of student numbers and funding between institutions.
- Changes to targeted allocations.
- Changes to grant following data reconciliations and audit.
- Changes to funding for moderation.
Total recurrent funding has decreased by £51,341,833 to £6,448,694,711.
3. The Financial Memorandum between the Council and institutions (HEFCE 2008/19) specifies the terms and conditions governing our grants.
4. Institutions supply data to inform funding allocations. We will continue to audit these data selectively, and will also use data from the Higher Education Statistics Agency and the Further Education Data Service to verify them. If we find that the data were inaccurate, so that institutions have received higher allocations than they should have done, we will reduce their funding.
5. No action is required.