June 2010 | ref: 2010/16
Finance, Planning, Services
This document requires all institutions to report the contracts they have awarded in the calendar year 2009, in accordance with the European Community’s Directives on Public Procurement.
1. This document requires all HEFCE-funded higher education institutions to report the contracts they have awarded in the calendar year 2009, in accordance with the European Community's Directives on Public Procurement.
2. The EU Procurement Directives have been implemented into national law in the UK by Regulations. Revised Regulations came into force on 31 January 2006 to implement new Procurement Directives.
3. The information required is set out in the separate EU statistics return form. We collect this information on behalf of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
4. As in previous years, institutions are required to submit returns electronically, and to use Common Procurement Vocabulary codes.
5. Returns for 2009 should follow the same format as for 2008. The provision relating to the statistics exercise can be found in regulation 40 of the Public Contracts Regulations (Adobe PDF)
6. Information is required for each contract or framework agreement awarded during calendar year 2009 where the estimated value is above the threshold of the Regulations (or is otherwise caught by the aggregation rules) and it does not fall within the scope of one of the specified exemptions contained within the Regulations. This is a legal requirement, not a matter of discretion. Please note that information is not required about contracts 'called off' from framework agreements because it is information about the framework agreement itself that is required.
7. The Public Contracts Regulations require that annual statistical returns must be sent to the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) by 31 July 2010. This is to enable the information, which consists of some 7,000 lines of data, to be collated in order to meet the deadline set out in the Procurement Directive.
8. Completed survey forms should be returned by e-mail to HEFCE (EUstatistics@hefce.ac.uk) by Friday 23 July 2010. Returns must be made on the EU Statistics Return 2009, available to download alongside this document. Where a nil return applies, institutions should still complete and return the form.
Download the EU statistics on public procurement – annual return for calendar year 2009 as PDF (72 KB) | Download the EU statistics on public procurement – annual return for calendar year 2009 as MS Word (163 KB)
|Enquiries should be directed to:|
Stephen Butcher, HEFCE Head of Procurement and Shared Services, tel 0117 931 7425, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated 1 December 2011