Summary and key documents
Allocations for the 2014-15 academic year were subject to the three-stage recalculation process.
|Final allocations (£M)||Adjusted allocations (£M)||Initial allocations (£M)|
|Capital and other non-recurrent special funding||583||583||583|
|Total HEFCE grant for 2014-15 academic year||3,849||3,886||3,883|
|Date announced||April 2016||March 2015||March 2014|
In July 2015, the Government notified us of the need to make £150 million of savings from the HEFCE teaching grant. One part of this was achieved by applying a £38 million reduction to the 2014-15 teaching grant. See our circular letter 19/2015 for details.
The three stages
For 2014-15, the stages for allocations were:
- Initial. Announced in March 2014, based on forecast student FTEs submitted in the 2013 HESES or HEIFES surveys.
- Adjusted. Announced in March 2015, updated the initial allocations to reflect 2014-15 student FTEs submitted in the 2014 HESES or HEIFES surveys.
- Final. Announced in April 2016, finalised to reflect end-of-year individualised student data submitted to HESA or the Skills Funding Agency.
- Recurrent grants for 2014-15: Final allocations (October 2016)
- Recurrent grants for 2014-15: Adjusted allocations (March 2015)