The Leeds City Region is a driving force for the UK healthcare sector, with world-leading clinical expertise and research and development capacity across its universities, hospitals, healthcare and medical device manufacturing sectors.
Working closely with the already highly successful Medical Technologies Innovation and Knowledge Centre (Medical Technologies IKC) at the University of Leeds, Translate will improve health and wealth in the Leeds City Region by translating early-stage ideas into new medical technologies. Working together, smarter, faster it gives researchers at the universities of Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, York and Leeds Beckett access to a dedicated innovation team experienced in getting technologies to market.
Translate aims to:
- Identify and progress technology opportunities
- Increase innovation capability among Leeds City Region academics
- Foster and facilitate research that is better aligned to clinical, patient, public drivers
- Increase collaboration and develop partnerships
- Identify broader technology opportunities that can be applied to med tech
- Assess success through robust evaluation
Translate is developing a culture of collaboration, creating an enabling environment for medical technology innovation. It is providing a model for successful innovation, innovation training and development, and collaboration within the HEI sector, with potential for application to other sectors and geographies.
|Total project funding||£6,760,765|
Dr Lisa Hill
Dr Josephine Dixon-Hardy
Director of Medical Technology Innovation