The eight universities and eight teaching hospitals in the NHSA cover a patient population of more than 15 million people. The alliance harnesses the resources, infrastructure, intellectual capital and experience of the whole ecosystem. It also provides an avenue to co-ordinate responses to funding calls, while working with the investment community to foster a more entrepreneurial environment across the north.
The HEFCE Catalyst funding will be used to employ a highly credible team across the major population centres of the North, which will work to unlock private sector investment to support research activities and innovative partnerships. Specifically, the NHSA will use this investment to:
- become an internationally recognised health science brand for the North of England
- help secure research funding for academic institutions in the North through collaboration across its members
- secure foreign investment creating a new healthcare economy in the North
- harmonise processes across its members making it more attractive to invest in and deploy research funding across its members
- foster a more entrepreneurial culture across its members.
|Total project funding||£5,277,463|