REACT is a project designed to engage so-called ‘hard to reach’ students, using proven and effective approaches from the Universities of Winchester, and Exeter and London Metropolitan University. REACT aims to embed more inclusive forms of student engagement, intended to enhance the student learning experience, students’ attainment and retention.
REACT will spread inclusive, democratic and effective student engagement to ten further universities and the wider HEA sector through:
- identifying key factors in proven models of engagement with hard to reach students
- sharing these principles through free consultancy to ten further universities
- devising tools, methodologies, and open source resources
- disseminating evidence-led practices which draw in a wider range of students
- leading national debates about student participation in university life
- developing and refining principles of student engagement.