The 2017 conference for TRAC practitioners aimed to enhance delegates' understanding of issues affecting sustainability, how the TRAC guidance is changing, and how to gain greater utility from TRAC data.
Keynote speeches were combined with practical break-out sessions and debate in an engaging and informative day.
- David Sweeney, Director (Research and Knowledge Exchange) at HEFCE and Executive Chair Designate of Research England - thoughts and views on the future challenges and issues facing the sector
- John Cunningham, Director of Finance at Manchester Metropolitan University - financial context of the issues and opportunities that impact on financial sustainability together with views about how to navigate these.
Breakout sessions included:
- TRAC Development Group and Financial Sustainability Strategy Group projects on workload planning, resourcing different models for delivering UG teaching, understanding income cross flows, and research facility costs
- TRAC refresher, assurance reminders and recap on FRS102
- Skills session on communicating TRAC effectively
- TRAC in university planning and the wider use of TRAC data.
Presentations from the conference
Download the slide pack
Contents of the slide pack
|Session title||Speaker||Slide number|
|Conference welcome||Ian Creagh||1|
|Keynote 1: HE & Research: Strategy & Structures – Challenges for TRAC||David Sweeney||7|
|TRAC refresher||Andrew Dicken||39|
|Update from the TRAC Development Group||Andrew Bush||65|
|FSSG & TDG project updates||TRAC Support Unit||87|
|TRAC in university planning and the wider use of TRAC||Olivia Kew-Fickus||118|
|Keynote 2: University Sustainability Challenge?||John Cunningham||143|