We are holding two identical consultation events about the future of funding for teaching, on Monday 27 June 2016 in Birmingham and Monday 4 July 2016 in London, aimed at further education colleges, higher education institutions and representative bodies.
Each event is an opportunity for HE providers and other interested parties to engage with HEFCE staff and each other in thinking about:
- How should funding support teaching in higher education?
- What should be prioritised and how should it be distributed in future?
In particular attendees will debate and explore:
- our recently published consultation on proposed changes for 2017-18. This consultation looks at arrangements for supporting widening access and successful student outcomes, including progression to taught postgraduate study
- options for how funding could be used to support teaching for 2018-19 and beyond
- what data could inform funding in the future.
The events are free of charge and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.