Aims of the review
1. The review will focus on information for three purposes: to support student decision making, but also enhancement of learning and teaching and innovation, and to contribute to quality assurance and public accountability.
2. We will aim to identify what information is needed to serve these three purposes and how it should be provided.
3. A number of principles will govern our approach to ensure it is sustainable and resilient:
- establishing robust data takes time
- data needs to be robust, but should adapt to changing technologies and user-needs
- collating the data must not place a disproportionate burden on institutions.
Latest: HEFCE and the higher education funding bodies in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have now published their consultation on information about learning and teaching and the student experience.
We have published proposals for:
- changes to the Unistats website and the Key Information Set for 2017
- changes to information published by institutions for 2017
- changes to the National Student Survey for 2017 potential changes to information after 2017
We have also published a series of reports which have informed our proposals.
Please respond to the consultation by noon on Friday 4 December 2015
We invite responses from anyone with a professional or personal interest in information about learning and teaching, and student experience.
Links to the consultation document and the response form are below.
For more information about the review, please contact Sarbani Banerjee, e-mail email@example.com, tel 0117 931 7056.