This wider information has two purposes:
- to provide information about HE to a wide variety of audiences including: prospective and current students, students’ parents and advisers, employers, the media, and the institution itself
- to form part of the evidence used within quality assurance reviews.
We recognise providers in England already make available a wide range of information about their institution and the courses they deliver. But we support institutions by providing broad guidance (see below) about what this information should, at a minimum, include.
We also provide a number of resources on good practice in the provision of information, collated from the sector, which institutions may find helpful. This guidance is explicitly signposted in Part C of the UK Quality Code for Higher Education, and its relationship with the Quality Code.
We provide guidance on:
- information on institutional context
- information about aspects of courses and awards
- information on the quality and standards of programmes.
This guidance was last reviewed in December 2013 by the Higher Education Public Information Steering Group HEPISG. It may be revised following the Review of the provision of information about higher education.
Guidance on the availability of wider information
Enquiries should be directed to Sarbani Banerjee, tel 0117 931 7056, firstname.lastname@example.org.