HEFCE hosted a sector conference on 25 April 2016 to explore what the sector as a whole needs to evaluate institutional activity on student access, success and progression across the student lifecycle.
Delegates at this conference were able to:
- discuss the policy and practical context
- explore the recommendations from the Student Opportunity: Outcomes framework research published in July 2015
- hear about OFFA and UCAS’ work in this area
- listen to institutional perspectives where strategic responses and interventions are being developed
- discuss and provide feedback on how to strategically drive the evaluation forward.
Presentation slides from the event
Chris Millward, Director of Policy, HEFCE
Download the Chris Millward - HEFCE Keynote as PDF (1,889 KB)
Student Opportunity outcomes framework research
Rachel Moreton, CFE Research
Download the Rachel Moreton - CFE as PDF (1,516 KB)
Targeting and evaluating equality at different stages
Mark Corver, Director of Analysis and Research, UCAS
Download the Mark Corver - UCAS as PDF (3,188 KB)
Strategically driving cultural change: Institutional evaluation strategies
Jan Moriarty, Student Success project Manager, University of Kent
Download the Jan Moriarty - University of Kent as PDF (807 KB)
Liz Marr, Director of the Centre for Inclusion and Collaborative Partnerships, Open University
Download the Liz Marr - Open University as PDF (879 KB)
Liz Thomas, Professor of Higher Education, Edge Hill University
Download the Liz Thomas - Edge Hill as PDF (1,365 KB)
If you have any queries about the event contact the Student Opportunity conference team.