The document sets out the funding bodies' decisions in relation to the following aspects of the 2014 REF:
- the configuration of units of assessment and grouping of sub-panels under main panels
- the roles and responsibilities of main panels, sub-panels and their members in the assessment
- the criteria and process for recruiting panel chairs and members.
The document also:
- invites individuals to apply to become sub-panel chairs (deadline for applications is 17 September 2010).
- invites organisations and associations with an interest in research to nominate candidates to become panel members (deadline for nominations is 8 October 2010).