Higher education research resources
The following online resources may be of interest to researchers, policy-makers, and anyone who wants to find out more about higher education (HE) research and evaluation (R&E).
HE research online resources
These free resources allow you to browse current and completed R&E projects, or search for a particular research paper.
- Higher Education Empirical Research (HEER) database is a free public resource, comprising summaries of evidence-based research on a range of topics related to HE. These summaries are added to the database on a regular basis and provide an easy and convenient way for users to stay in touch with new HE research. The HEER used to be co-sponsored by HEFCE, and maintained by the Centre for Higher Education Research and Information of the Open University, but it is now owned and managed by QAA. In October 2012 QAA re-launched and refreshed the database with new entries.
- Google Scholar This search engine allows searching across many disciplines and sources. You may need to then locate the complete paper through a university library or on the web.
- Intute A database of web resources for education and research.
- Current Educational Research in the UK A database of ongoing educational research.
Our HEFCE research partners
We co-sponsor work with a wide range of organisations, some of which list their in progress projects and publish their final reports online.
Other HE research
- Sutton Trust research The Sutton Trust aims to recognise the needs and raise the aspirations of the academically able. It conducts research to support this aim, some of which relates to higher education.
- UNESCO research UNESCO is the only United Nations body with a mandate in higher education. It publishes research reports on international HE issues.
- OECD seeks to develop and review policies to enhance the efficiency and the effectiveness of international education provisions. It publishes international-level reports and statistics on its web-site.
Page last updated 7 November 2012