March 2009 | ref: 2009/13
This document requests further education colleges to submit higher education strategies. It provides guidance that sets out our expectations of a college's higher education strategy.
Good practice on writing higher education strategies has been published.
1. This document requests further education colleges (FECs) to submit higher education (HE) strategies. It provides guidance that sets out our expectations of an FEC's HE strategy.
2. HE strategies should be developed by all FECs, directly and indirectly funded, and documentation submitted to HEFCE.
3. The strategy and the process of developing it will be valuable to the college itself and will:
4. When developing an HE strategy, colleges should take account of our view of the role of HE in FECs (see Annex A) and of the distinctive contribution that FECs can make to the overall provision of HE.
5. The context for the college's HE should be described, taking account of non-HEFCE funded provision alongside that funded directly or indirectly by HEFCE.
6. We expect the strategy to cover:
7. Strategy documentation may be provided in different ways, and it is for colleges to decide on the preferred format (see paragraph 36).
8. The form provided at Annex D should be completed and signed by the college's principal confirming that the strategy has received the approval of the further education corporation.
9. FECs' HE strategies should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Monday 11 January 2010.
Download the Download Request for higher education strategies from further education colleges as Adobe PDF 110K as PDF (109 KB) | Download the Download Request for higher education strategies from further education colleges as MS Word 372K as MS Word (562 KB)
|Enquiries should be directed to:||HEFCE higher education policy advisers|
Page last updated 31 May 2012