1. This document gives our revised allocations of recurrent funding to institutions for the academic year 2010-11.
2. We have updated a number of the allocations given in 'Recurrent grants for 2010-11' (HEFCE 2010/08). The main reasons for the changes are:
- Implementation of a pro rata saving on recurrent teaching grant.
- Additional funding to support new entrant places allocated through the University Modernisation Fund.
- Additional funding to support moving full-time undergraduate numbers into strategically important and vulnerable subjects.
- Revisions to funding for additional student numbers.
- Mergers and transfers of student numbers and funding between institutions.
- Changes to targeted allocations.
- Changes to grant following data reconciliations and audit.
- Changes to funding for moderation.
Total recurrent funding has increased by £18,000,403 to £6,495,189,955.
3. Our Financial Memorandum with institutions ('Model Financial Memorandum between HEFCE and institutions', HEFCE 2010/19) specifies the terms and conditions governing our grants.
4. Institutions supply data to inform funding allocations. We will continue to audit these data selectively, and will also use data from the Higher Education Statistics Agency and the Data Service to verify them. If we find that the data were inaccurate, so that institutions have received higher allocations than they should have done, we will reduce their funding.
5. No action is required in response to this document.