March 2011 | ref: Circular letter 11/2011
Dear Vice-Chancellor or Principal
1. This letter confirms the re-instatement of £58 million of funding under the Teaching Capital Investment Fund. No action is required in response.
2. In HEFCE Circular letter 02/2010 we announced a number of reductions in capital funding which included the Teaching Capital Investment Fund. Subsequently, on receipt of the revised grant letter in June 2010, we applied a further reduction to the Teaching Capital Investment for 2010-11.
3. At the time we agreed that these reductions would be regarded as deferred capital commitments and would be a first call on capital funding for 2011-12, should funding be available.
4. On 3 March the HEFCE Board agreed to the re-instatement of £58 million in 2011-12. The allocations to HEIs are at Annex A.
5. We will confirm the timing of payments to directors of finance in due course.
Sir Alan Langlands
|Enquiries should be directed to:||HEFCE higher education policy advisers|
Page last updated 8 December 2011