May 2012 | ref: 2012/12
1. This document sets out the arrangements for an additional allocation of research capital funding for higher education institutions (HEIs) for 2012 to 2015. It invites HEIs to submit expressions of interest on a competitive basis to apply for the capital grants.
2. The March 2012 Budget statement announced a new £100 million fund to support investment in higher education research facilities.
3. The UK Research Partnership Investment Fund is available to all UK HEIs. The objectives for the fund are:
4. The fund will support large-scale projects that can leverage substantial co-investment from private sources building on the research excellence in the higher education sector.
5. HEIs are invited to complete expressions of interest using the template at Annex A and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Friday 8 June 2012.
|Enquiries should be directed to:|
HEIs in England should contact their HEFCE higher education policy advisers
HEIs in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland should contact:
For policy queries:
SFC – Stuart Fancey, email@example.com, 0131 313 6559
HEFCW – Linda Tiller, Linda.Tiller@hefcw.ac.uk, 029 2068 2228
DEL – Sheila Rodgers, Sheila.Rodgers@delni.gov.uk, 028 9025 7530
For queries about the process:
HEFCE – Peter Seddon, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0117 931 7469
Page last updated 11 June 2012