July 2012 | ref: 2012/16
1. This publication sets out our new method of review of institution-specific funding. It also offers an opportunity to make a submission for such funding.
2. Institution-specific funding is funding provided to a small proportion of institutions to recognise particular needs for support that cannot be met by other means, for example small specialist institutions.
3. Our recent consultation on student number controls and teaching funding for 2013-14 and beyond (HEFCE 2012/04) sought views on the scope and approach of the way we review and allocate such funding (questions 15 and 16). The great majority of respondents agreed with our proposals, so we plan to proceed as proposed. Outcomes on other aspects of the consultation will be published shortly.
4. We are inviting submissions from institutions who are eligible for this type of funding, for academic years 2013-14 and 2014-15.
5. Institutions which believe they are eligible to receive institution-specific funding are invited to make a submission. Eligibility criteria are outlined at paragraphs 12-24. It is worth noting that only a small minority of providers are expected to fulfil these criteria.
6. A full analysis of the responses to consultation questions 15 and 16 is at Annex B.
7. We will host an event at our office in Bristol for institutions that are considering making a submission on Wednesday 1 August 2012 at 1100.
8. Institutions eligible to receive institution-specific funding are invited to make a submission for consideration by the review panel. The deadline for return is Monday 1 October 2012.
Download the Institution-specific funding: Consultation outcomes and invitation to make submissions as PDF (248 KB) | Download the Institution-specific funding: Consultation outcomes and invitation to make submissions as MS Word (791 KB)
|Enquiries should be directed to:|
Derek Hicks, tel 0117 931 7460, e-mail email@example.com
Nicholas Dibley, tel 0117 931 7414, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated 21 March 2013