August 2012 | ref: 2012/20
1. This document is the first of a series of publications giving the widening participation1 and non-continuation indicators for higher education (HE) provision registered at HEFCE-funded further education colleges (FECs) in England.
2. We anticipate this information will be of relevance to FECs and others interested in the participation and retention of HE students at FECs.
3. The indicators in this report are derived from data submitted to the Data Service’s Individualised Learner Record (ILR) and the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) student record for the academic years 2008-09 to 2009‑10. Two tables accompany this document as separate files.
4. Each individual FEC’s data are compared with a sector-adjusted average. The methods used to calculate the indicators provided by this document are intended to be as consistent as possible with the UK Higher Education Performance Indicators published by HESA, for Higher Educations Institutions (HEIs).
5. We intended to produce these indicators annually. HEFCE intend to publish Table 1 for entrants in 2010-11, and Table 2 for entrants in 2009-10, later in 2012.
6. This document is for information only.
Download the Widening participation and non-continuation indicators for further education colleges as PDF (805 KB) | Download the Widening participation and non-continuation indicators for further education colleges as MS Word (872 KB)
|Enquiries should be directed to:|
For queries relating to the content of this document and its supporting tables, please contact Alison Brunt, tel 0117 931 7166, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For queries relating to HEFCE’s policy in respect of higher education provision registered at further education colleges that are not covered by this report, please contact Ruth Tucker, tel 0117 931 7367, e-mail email@example.com.
Page last updated 22 August 2012