November 2012 | ref: 2012/31
1. This document sets out the arrangements for an additional allocation of research capital funding for higher education institutions (HEIs) for 2013 to 2015. It invites HEIs that have a significant track record of research excellence to submit bids on a competitive basis to apply for the capital grants.
2. The Government has provided £300 million to support investment in higher education (HE) research facilities. £220 million has already been allocated, and this call for bids will enable us to allocate the remaining £80 million.
3. The UK Research Partnership Investment Fund is available to all UK HEIs. The objectives of the fund are to:
4. The fund will support large-scale projects that can attract substantial co-investment from private sources, building on the research excellence in the HE sector.
5. The panel is likely to favour bids which provide clarity on:
6. HEIs are invited to submit bids using the templates at Annexes A, B and C and e‑mail them to email@example.com by noon on Monday 11 February 2013.
|Enquiries should be directed to:|
HEIs in England should contact their HEFCE higher education policy advisers
HEIs in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland should contact:
For policy queries –
SFC – Stuart Fancey, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0131 313 6559
HEFCW – Linda Tiller, Linda.Tiller@hefcw.ac.uk, 029 2068 2228
DEL – Sheila Rodgers, Sheila.Rodgers@delni.gov.uk, 028 9025 7530
For queries about the process –
HEFCE – Pam Macpherson-Barrett, email@example.com, 0117 931 7471
Page last updated 14 February 2013