Dear Vice-Chancellor or Principal
1. This letter announces a minor change to the profile of basic grant for teaching and research for the 2011-12 academic year. We have also made adjustments to the Capital Investment Funding profile. No action is required in response.
2. For basic grant for teaching and research for the 2011-12 academic year, we made an additional payment across all higher education institutions (HEIs) in March 2012, and will reduce profiled payments by the same amount spread equally between April and July 2012. We will send out updated grant profiles for the 2011-12 academic year; but if you have any queries regarding these changes please contact Karen Mackay on 0117 931 7114, email@example.com.
3. We have also made adjustments to the Capital Investment Funding profile. Both Research Capital Investment Funding (RCIF2) and Learning and Teaching Capital Investment Funding (TCIF2) are being brought forward from 2012-13.
4. We will pay £15 million of RCIF2 and £19 million of TCIF2 only to those universities and colleges that have met the requirements of the second Capital Investment Framework. This reprofiling is additional to the RCIF2 funding that was brought forward as announced in HEFCE Circular letter 01/2012. Payments will be made in March 2012 pro rata to the institution’s existing 2011-12 profiled payments. These sums will be recovered against the 2012-13 payment profile which will be made in three equal instalments: August 2012, November 2012 and February 2013. Please note that there will be no payment in May 2012.
5. There is no overall additional capital funding; this is about capital funding being brought forward within the same total over the two years 2011-12 to 2012-13.
6. If you have any queries regarding the capital allocations contact Donna Iafrati on 0117 931 7357, firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. We will send out profiles for 2012-13 in May 2012.
Sir Alan Langlands