Dear Vice-Chancellor or Principal
1. This letter follows HEFCE Circular letter 16/2012 which provided information to institutions on the publication of data from the 2012 National Student Survey (NSS), including a timetable of when institutions will be able to access their 2012 NSS results via the Ipsos MORI NSS results site and Unistats web-site.
2. I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that all the NSS data will be under embargo from 3 August when Ipsos MORI will launch Phase 1 of the NSS results site (giving you access to your own data) (http://www.ipsos-mori.com/nss/results) until 27 September. From 17 September institutions will have the usual Phase 2 preview of all institutions’ NSS data, via the Ipsos MORI results site. Also on the 17 September institutions will be able to preview the new KIS/Unistats web-site (url and password details to follow). Please note that this embargo also applies to all data on the new KIS/Unistats site, and which institutions can access as part of the KIS submission process.
3. On 27 September the Unistats web-site will be live and HEFCE will publish a statement about this on our web-site. Further details about this will be circulated to communications contacts via HEFCE’s ‘pr-hefce’ jiscmail list nearer the time.
4. Institutions will have access to their own data from 3 August and will be able to use this for their internal planning and enhancement purposes. Publication of the data either on public web-sites or for other marketing purposes will be a breach of the embargo.
5. If you have any queries regarding the Ipsos MORI results site please contact the Ipsos MORI team (tel 020 8861 8110, e-mail email@example.com). If you have any queries regarding data uploads to the Unistats web-site please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (higher education institutions) or email@example.com (further education institutions). If your query relates to communications please contact Helen Albon firstname.lastname@example.org or Philip Walker email@example.com
|NSS results site||Unistats site|
|3 August||Phase 1 NSS data available under embargo|
|17 September||Phase 2 NSS data available under embargo||Preview data of all institutions’ data|
|KIS/Unistats available to the public and embargo lifted|
Sir Alan Langlands