Dear Vice-Chancellor or Principal
1. This letter announces a minor change to the profile of basic grant for teaching for the 2012-13 academic year. We have also made adjustments to the Research Capital Investment Funding profile. No action is required in response.
2. For basic grant for teaching for the 2012-13 academic year, we are making an additional payment across all institutions in March 2013, and will reduce profiled payments by the same amount spread equally between April and July 2013. We will send out updated grant profiles for the 2012-13 academic year; but if you have any queries regarding these changes please contact Ashley Christophers on 0117 931 7114, firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. We have also made adjustments to the Capital Investment Funding profile. We will make a payment of Research Capital Investment Funding (Round 2) only to those universities and colleges that have met the requirements of the second Capital Investment Framework. Payments will be made in March 2013 pro rata to the institution’s existing 2012-13 profiled payments. These sums will be recovered against the payment profile in August 2013, November 2013 and February 2014.
4. There is no overall additional capital funding; this is about capital funding being brought forward within the same total over the two financial years 2012-13 to 2013-14.
5. If you have any queries regarding the capital allocations contact Donna Iafrati on
0117 931 7357, email@example.com.
6. We will send out profiles for 2013-14 academic year in May 2013.
Sir Alan Langlands