1. This document asks alternative providers of higher education to complete a survey of 2014-15 students on full-time courses that have been designated for student support purposes.
2. The survey should be completed by all alternative providers subject to the student number control (SNC).
3. The data will:
- enable us to monitor recruitment against the 2014-15 SNC allocations
- enable us to set, if necessary, SNC allocations for 2015-16
- give an early indication, for purposes including government planning, of the number of students (including exempt students) starting study on designated full-time courses in the academic year 2014-15.
4. This document provides the following.
- In Section 1, an introduction to the Higher Education in Alternative Providers Early Statistics (HEAPES) survey.
- In Section 2, the definitions used in the HEAPES survey.
- In Section 3, guidance on completing and submitting the HEAPES survey and an explanation of how the survey is finalised.
- In the Annexes, examples of the survey tables and a list of abbreviations.
5. The HEAPES14 survey should be completed by all alternative providers subject to the SNC, and by any newly designated alternative providers who have chosen to complete HEAPES14. Returns must be uploaded to the HEFCE extranet by noon on 10 November 2014. Workbooks will be available to providers in October 2014.
Note on terminology
All references to years are to academic years (1 August to 31 July) unless otherwise specified.