Additional capital for learning and teaching 2013-14
1. Following receipt of the 2014-15 grant letter from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills on 10 February 2014, the HEFCE Board has agreed to increase the 2013-14 capital for learning and teaching allocation by £20 million.
2. These funds have been allocated on the same basis as those announced in our publication ‘Capital Investment Fund 2: Capital allocations for learning and teaching 2013-14; Additional capital allocations for research 2013-14 and 2014-15’ (HEFCE 2013/08).
3. Where institutions have yet to meet the requirements of the second round of the Capital Investment Fund, we have announced only 60 per cent of their formula-based allocation.
4. These funds will be paid in one instalment in March 2014.
5. No action is required in response to this letter.
Professor Madeleine Atkins