1. This publication sets out our method for the review of institution-specific funding, informed by responses from the sector. It outlines both eligibility criteria and the process for submitting to the review.
2. Institution-specific funding is additional and discretionary funding currently provided by HEFCE to a subset of HEFCE-funded higher education institutions. It is intended to recognise the higher cost and distinctive nature of specialist higher education providers. These allocations are being reviewed in 2015 to ensure that the funding goes to support and enhance specialist institutions where they are providing world-leading teaching.
3. Our proposals for the review, as outlined in HEFCE Circular letter 06/2015, received broad agreement. Minor amendments have been agreed by the HEFCE Board and are reflected in this document.
4. Institutions which satisfy Criterion A are invited to make a submission by requesting a submission form from email@example.com. Eligibility criteria and the process for the review are outlined at paragraphs 10 to 30.
5. The deadline for return of submissions from institutions satisfying Criterion A is noon on Monday 28 September.