Dear Vice-Chancellor or Principal
Teaching Excellence Framework: Rescheduled announcement of Year Two results
1. As outlined in our recent circular letter ‘Teaching Excellence Framework: Postponement of Year Two results announcement’ (HEFCE Circular letter 18/2017) we were told by the Department for Education to postpone announcement of the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Year Two results in the immediate post-election period. We are now able to confirm the timing for the rescheduled announcement.
2. Other than rescheduling the timings, the process for disseminating the outcomes remains as previously planned (see ‘Teaching Excellence Framework Year Two: Dissemination of outcomes’ at www.hefce.ac.uk/lt/tef/). Because of the delay, in the revised schedule we have increased the amount of time that providers will have to access their own outcomes prior to publication.
3. The revised schedule is set out below.
Monday 19 June
4. By 1000 on Monday 19 June we will email participating providers their own TEF award and statement of findings, under embargo. This will be emailed to the head of provider or accountable officer. It will also be available to the TEF outcomes user group on the TEF extranet. Providers with a provisional award will receive an email to confirm the award; they will not receive a statement of findings.
5. The other UK funding bodies and the devolved administrations will receive the awards and statements of findings for their providers only, under embargo, shortly after their providers have received them. The Department for Education will receive the full set of awards and statements of findings, again under embargo, shortly after providers have received them.
Wednesday 21 June
6. By 1000 on Wednesday 21 June the full set of awards and statements of findings will be released under embargo to all participating providers and separately to the media. HEFCE will arrange a media briefing to be led by the TEF Chair.
7. The full set of awards and statements for all participating providers will be made available to them through the TEF outcomes user group on the TEF extranet.
Thursday 22 June
8. On Thursday 22 June at 0001, the embargo will be lifted and the full set of awards and other outcomes will be published, as described in ‘Teaching Excellence Framework Year Two: Dissemination of outcomes’.
9. The conditions of embargo remain as stated in that document.
10. Once again, we are all aware that many colleagues across the sector had been making significant preparations for the announcement, and I am very sorry for any difficulties this postponement may have caused.
Professor Madeleine Atkins