Who is eligible to apply for a new location or register new courses?
Any provider that has current designation for undergraduate student support, disabled students' allowance or postgraduate masters loans.
Full information is contained within the Government guidance: Specific course designation: guidance for alternative higher education providers.
When should you use this process?
You should use the new locations and course process when you wish to:
- register a new course at a location (or multiple locations) that have existing designation
- apply for a new additional location to be designated
- apply for a new additional location to be designated and register new courses at that location
- change Higher National (HN) courses under the ‘one in, one out’ policy. See page 17 of the Government guidance.
New location application process
Course registration process
When should you not use this process?
You should not use this process if you wish to:
- change an existing location for another
- make small title changes to a course where there is no substantial effect on the course design or structure.
These changes are managed under the change of circumstances process.
Before making an application you should ensure you have everything you will need to submit a complete application. This information is contained within the Government guidance: Specific course designation: guidance for alternative higher education providers.
Application packs are available to all providers who hold current designation via the HEFCE extranet.
If you have any queries about your application, please contact a member of the Gateways team on 0117 931 7317 (select option 2) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.