The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) published guidance on the course designation process on 7 July 2016.
The guidance sets out detailed information on:
- the specific course designation system
- the criteria for granting designation
- the assessment and decision making process
- the conditions of specific course designation
- how student number controls and sanctions will be applied.
Providers must ensure they meet all the course designation application criteria set out in this guidance before they apply. Providers receiving course designation will be required to sign an agreement with the Government to adhere to the criteria and conditions published in the guidance.
Important changes to specific course designation
Responsibility for course designation transferred from BIS to the Department for Education (DfE) in July 2016 and the DfE will continue to use the process and policy set out in the guidance published by BIS in July 2016.
Please direct any queries regarding changes to DfE policy to: email@example.com.