You need cookies enabled

HEFCE closed at the end of March 2018. The information on this website is historical and is no longer maintained.

Many of HEFCE's functions will be continued by the Office for Students, the new regulator of higher education in England, and Research England, the new council within UK Research and Innovation.

The HEFCE domain - - will continue to function until September 2018. At this point we will close the site entirely and all its information will only be available from the National Web Archive.


You need cookies enabled


  • Student finance from the Government
    The Government publishes full details of the financial support available to undergraduates.
  • Awards from specific institutions
    Individual universities and colleges may be able to offer specific grants and awards. Please contact the college or university where you wish to study for more information.


UK citizens living in Britain can contact the Student Support helpline for more information: 0300 100 0607.

EU citizens looking to study in Britain can contact Student Support on 0141 243 3570.

Useful websites

Page last updated 1 August 2016