Map of target wards and funded consortia
This map shows the programme's target wards and the consortia that are working to close the HE participation gaps in these areas.
On the map:
- Select an NCOP consortium from the table to zoom into their target wards on the map and bring up information about the consortium and its partners below it.
- Similarly, select a target ward on the map to bring up information about the consortium that works with pupils from that ward.
- Hover over any ward to bring up information including the ward name and information about the NCOP consortium.
- For information; NCOP target wards are those with either: low levels of young participation (POLAR3 Q1) and lower than expected levels of young participation, considering Key Stage 4 attainment and ethnicity (Q1 or Q2); OR low levels of young participation (POLAR3 Q1) and lower than expected levels of young participation, considering Key Stage 4 attainment only (Q1 or Q2).
- If when exploring the map the view doesn’t follow a new consortium selection, select the ‘zoom home’ button.
The map below highlights the NCOP target wards and the consortia that are working to close the HE participation gaps in these areas. Consortia funding allocations and information on their target wards are available in the following spreadsheet.
Consortia funding allocations and information about target wards
Other resources available
More information is available on the POLAR3 and Gaps classifications that were used to identify the target wards.
This includes detail on methodology as well as interactive maps:
There are further resources that might also be useful to inform the work of the consortia:
- Postcode to ward look up, including POLAR3 and Gaps information
- School to area participation mapping
- Department for Education school performance data and Edubase public portal
- Local Authorities hold school information and data
Please note that HEFCE cannot provide individualised data.