We expect a higher education institution's estate to:
- support the institution's mission
- be sustainable in environmental, social and economic terms
- be efficient and represent value for money.
We work in partnership with
- Association of University Directors of Estates
Our primary relationship in this policy area is with the Association of University Directors of Estates (AUDE).
Capital funding and estate management
We have funded the following projects:
- Centralised Teaching Laboratories (Liverpool University)
A case study of the project to establish and run shared laboratory facilities with new management structures for technical staff.
- Programme management and benefits recovery: development of a best practice guide
Guidance on how to align project selection, prioritisation and delivery, with the overarching aims of the project.
- UK Space Management Group
We fund the UK HE Space Management Group (SMG) to help institutions implement best practice in the management of space
Estates Management Record
With the other UK funding bodies we have supported the production of statistics on the management of HE estates.
These statistics provide management information for strategy development, resource allocation, target setting and benchmarking.
The Higher Education Statistics Agency now collects and publishes the EMR, and an annual report is published by AUDE.
For further information contact Stuart Cross, tel 0117 931 7349, email firstname.lastname@example.org.